Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ice cream!

I started making my own ice cream this summer - it's very challenging, which surprised me. I guess I always figured it would be easy - add ingredients, mix and freeze. Wrong! I have had some really bad batches, and some good ones.

The Ben and Jerry's ice cream book never fails me - every recipe of theirs that I have tried has been successful. To date, my best batches have been their peach and strawberry recipes.

Does anybody have an ice cream recipe that they could share with me? I am always looking for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll have to dig deep in the memory banks and downsize what i remember from the giant batches of ice cream we made at the ice cream barn. the key to great ice cream is using high fat mix. we're talking 16-18% milkfat. healthy? no. delicious? absolutely. also, making sure you've got the right amount of air in there. if you don't have enough you're stuck with a frozen block of cream. gross.