Sunday, July 12, 2009

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil


This recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd.

-2 tbsp butter
-1 c orzo pasta
-1 can chicken stock (14.5 oz)
-1 tsp salt (optional - I wouldn't use it if your stock is already salty)
-1 tsp pepper
-1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
-1/4 chopped basil

In a medium saucepan over med-high heat, sautee the uncooked pasta in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Let the pasta cool for a few minutes before adding the cheese and basil. Serve warm!

1 comment:

Nicolle said...

I'm glad you got the pics. It wouldn't let me add them to WWMD, I could only view the post. I guess I can only edit the posts I make.

Anyway we LOVED the food you brought. Thank you!