Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

I love fall! I love pumpkins! I love food that is made from pumpkins!

-1 c butter at room temperature
-3 c sugar
-3 eggs at room temperature
-3 c flour
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp ground cloves
-2 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated is always best!)
-16 oz (1 can) of pumpkin puree

Cream the butter and sugar with your mixer on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time.

In a separate bowl, sift all of the dry ingredients together. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients (about a cup at a time) until well mixed. Turn off the mixer and stir in the pumpkin.

Grease and flour your loaf pan before adding batter. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

This should be enough for two small loaves, or one very big one. If you make two small loaves, bake for 40 minutes and test for doneness.

2 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

This sounds easy and good! :o)

(You are the first blogger that I've come across with my same "layout"!)

Anonymous said...

It is!!! I make it too-- but my recipe is from Betty Crocker.