Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leftover casserole

Martha would be proud - this tasted great, and it emptied out my fridge entirely. Now I have room for the gallon or so of chicken stock that I'll be boiling up from the leftover rotisserie chicken!

-Shredded leftover rotisserie chicken
-1 cup of week-old rice (previously cooked)
-About 1/2 cup of leftover broccoli-cheese soup
-Shredded cheddar cheese
-Salt and pepper

Mix the rice and soup together in a tupperware container until it's well incorporated. It will be a little soupy, but we all know how dry and weird week-old rice can get when it's been left in the back of the fridge.

Microwave for about a minute.

Add the cheese and chicken, stir well.

Microwave another 2-3 minutes.

Serve with whatever else you find in your fridge that is still edible. Last night, that meant day-old green beans and peach cobbler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em - be careful about microwaving plastic! Can you do this in a glass bowl? Otherwise, looks good!
xo Moon

Emily said...

Good call, Moony! I tend to forget those kinds of things, and I have melted my fair share of tupperware :)