Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Pat's!

Saint Patrick's day is a celebration in my house, Ryan and I started dating two years ago today. We had been talking on the phone long-distance for almost 5 weeks when I invited him to a little St Pat's party that I was throwing. Ryan showed up on my doorstep with flowers after driving all the way to Houston from Fort Worth, and the rest is history. As for the party? It turns out that nobody could make it, and I did NOT know how to cook Irish food.

Since Ryan and I have a weird tradition of having holiday-shaped pasta on the "little" holidays, I am giving up on cooking Irish food tonight in lieu of shamrock pasta with turkey meatballs and Therese's special red sauce. Bottoms up!

2 comments:

Nicolle said...

That is a sweet story! Your meal for tonight sounds very pretty and delicious!

I just got back from the store and bought stuff for corned beef and cabbage. We love it!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Emily said...

I went to the mall and got Ryan a cookie cake that says "Happy Dating Day". It had green frosting on it, so it counts towards my St Pats points